Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday Night Out

Mexican Restaurant Review

Friday night we went skipped the home menu and went out to dine at a place we've never been. This is my review of a nice Mexican restaurant in Roseville called "Mas". Located at 1563 Eureka Rd, Roseville (916) 773-3778 - www.masmexicanfood.com

When we arrived, I noticed that I had been to this building before when it was another restaurant, but after walking in, I could see they really improved the place. The ambiance was very nice and they even had a bar and huge outside covered patio area. We sat out on the patio with our good friends Larry and Suzanne and enjoyed a pitcher of very good Margarita's with some fantastic homemade tortilla chips and home made guacamole that was excellent. For dinner I ordered the mole enchilada's which were tasty and Ronda had some tostados. Suzanne had the same as Ronda and Larry tried the carnita's tacos.

The food was very good, the drinks great and the service excellent. But my favori
te part of the evening was the outstanding mariachi band that was playing and roaming around the restaurant. When they came out to our area they played a few songs, the singer was excellent and the players were spot on perfect. I think there were about 8 players in this band. Suzanne gave them a tip and they came over to our table and played a song just for us. The music was fantastic, I really enjoy Latin music (one of my favorites is the Buena Vista Social Club).


We capped off this nice evening out with a stop at Larry and Suzanne's house where Larry busted out a super fine wine from his vast collection (over 500 bottles)

It was a 1977 Fonseca Port and it was pure bliss! It's not often that we get to taste a 32 year old vino. This was on
e of the best wine's I've ever had and as a serious port wine connoisseur, out of a 1 to 10 rating, I give this one an 11!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment