Friday, September 11, 2009

Salmon and Bagels


Lox, Stock and Smoking Bagels

When I first heard of this combination of foods as a kid, I thought "what the heck? that sounds gnarly". It was years before I finally tried it as an adult and discovered that hey! this food combination goes pretty good together!

I smoked some salmon yesterday and this morning Ronda asked for lox on bagels for breakfast, so after slicing the salmon all up, I made a bagel each for her and I.

It's very easy to make (well except for the smoking the salmon yourself part).
I highly recommend you use some good salmon, you can buy your smoked salmon at your local deli or grocery store, or make your own at home like I did.


Ingredients & Directions

Toast 2 bagels
Spread cream cheese on bagel (how ever much you like)
Sprinkle dill over cream cheese
Put smoked salmon slices on top of cream cheese

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment